Based on the Article 21 of the Statute of Epoka University, the Academic Evaluation and Quality Improvement (AEQI) Board is responsible for internal quality assurance at the University.
The number of the members of the AEQI Board is defined by the Senate. Among the members of the Board there must be at least one member of academic staff from each Faculty holding at least the “PhD” degree and without managing duties, two members from the administrative staff, the head of the Student Council, one alumnus and an external expert with distinguished experience in the labour market. The members of the AEQI Board are elected for a two-year period.
The Head of the AEQI Board is elected by the Senate among the members of the Board. The meetings of the AEQI Board are presided by the Head of the Board, and in his absence, the Board is presided by the most senior member of academic staff.
The AEQI Board periodically evaluates the effectiveness of educational activities, research and administrative activities of the University. The Board has access to all records of the institution and publishes the results of the evaluation performed.
The AEQI Board is responsible for:
- in the context of the coordination of the strategic planning at the University, the Board performs the administration of all work in this context and the publication of results on the academic and administrative services evaluation, quality improvement and approval of the quality standards, all this in accordance with the strategic plan and objectives of the University;
- administers the work in the context of internal evaluation in the University and prepares or supervises the preparation of the self-evaluation report;
- makes the necessary preparations for the external evaluation of the University, and is at the disposal of the institution or organization performing the external evaluation for every necessary information;
- reviews all the work in the context of the quality improvement which can be taken as examples and models, and disseminates them to the other academic units;
- coordinates the fulfillment of the internal control of standards, and in accordance with the legal framework at the University, prepares the Action Plan of Internal Control and if necessary defines the new standards for the University;
- defines the mission and vision of the University as well as the short-term, mid-term and long-term strategic objectives of the University;
- identifies the situation and performance indicators concerning strategic areas and issues;
- prepares the strategic programs of the projects and activities;
- defines the objectives and strategies of the institution;
- gives directives on the fulfillment of the strategic plan and action plan of the institution;
- develops improvement activities and periodic monitoring of all the institution;
prepares extra recommendations on the basic and performance indicators included in the directive of the AEQI Board on the quality improvement and strategic planning of the academic and administrative units.
The members of the Academic Evaluation and Quality Improvement Board (AEQI) are:
- Dr. Islam JUSUFI – Head;
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Arban UKA– Deputy Head;
- Ms. Reina SHEHI – Member;
- Mr. Loren SENJA – Member;
- Mr. Idaver SHERIFI – Member (Representative of Alumni);
- Mr. Arjan SHAHINI – Member (External member);
- Ms. Tea PIKULI – Member (Head of the Student Council).
For more information please visit Quality Assurance