Based on the Article 11 of the Statute of Epoka University, the Higher Board is the highest collegial decision-making body of the University and has legal personality. The Higher Board oversees and controls the activities of the University related to administrative, financial, economic and properties management.
The Higher Board consists of a Chairman, a deputy Chairman and four members elected by the Founding Company. The Chairman of the Higher Board is the General Director of the Founding Company. The Rector is an ex officio member of the Higher Board and as such, s/he cannot take part in meetings in which are discussed issues related to him/her. The task of Chairman and deputy Chairman of the Higher Board is incompatible with the office of Rector. Besides the Rector, no other employees at the University can participate in the Higher Board. The Secretary General participates in meetings of the Higher Board as rapporteur.
The members of the Higher Board are elected for a four-year period, with the right of reelection. At most two members of the Founding Company may be at the same time members of the Higher Board. The Deputy Chairman of the Higher Board is elected by the Founding Company for a four-year period, with the right of reelection.
The Higher Board has the following main powers:
1. represents the legal personality of the University;
2. appoints the Rector of the University and notifies the Ministry of Education and Sports in the Republic of Albania;
3. determines the conditions of theemployment contract for managing authorities, academic and other staff of the University; decides on their appointment, promotion and dismissal;
4. approves the Statute, Basic Regulation of the institution as well as other regulations and directives prepared by the University bodies;
5. approves the budget and investment plan, determines the modes of expenditure and controls the implementation of budget and investment plan of the University, as well as any other financial activities;
6. determines the salaries of the academic and other staff;
7. determines the quotas of tuition-paying students as well as students receiving scholarships;
8. determines the tuition fee, the time period when the payment must be done and the amount of the scholarship given;
9. decides about the opening, merging or closing of the main units and basic units as well as study programs of different cycles of the University;
10. manages the movable and immovable property of the University, and uses the University property as guarantee in order to obtain loans;
11. if the office of Rector remains vacant, it appoints a new rector in office for at most six months;
12. decides on the approval or non-approval regarding conditional or non-conditional donations made to the University and carries out the necessary procedures;
13. decides on the conduct of investments, establishment of enterprises and involvement in enterprises already established in order to create revenue for the University and decides on the best way to use existing resources in accordance with the legislation in force;
14. encourages cooperation and exchange programs, as well as the conduct of scientific activities in collaboration with universities or other similar institutions within and outside the country, in accordance with the requirements specified in the legislation in force;
15. follows the implementation of the budget with the assistance of independent financial advisors or with the assistance of independent audit companies;
16. approves the cooperation agreements or protocols submitted by the Rector, with universities or other institutions within and outside the country.
The members of the Higher Board of Epoka University are:
1. Mr. Yakup ARSLAN – Chairman
2. Mr. Çetin YURT - Member
3. Ms. Gülay SORAL - Member
4. Mr. Mustafa ÜSTÜNER - Member
5. Mr. Asım DEMİRÖZ - Member
6. Prof. Dr. Güngör TURAN- Member
7. Mr. Sezer ERDOĞAN – Member and Rapporteur